Definition of Insanity by Albert Einstein:
“Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results.”
Have you ever been guilty of doing the same things over and over and then come to the realisation that nothing in your life or business has changed?
For change to take place we need to understand our habits and behaviours and how they are holding us back.
Our habits are so ingrained in our lives that we do most of them without even thinking.
There are many ways to do this but an example is to grab a calendar or diary and literally mark a cross when you do the particular habit that you’re looking out for.
Once you’ve done your habits assessment it’s time to look at what needs to change to make change happen.
1. Look at the stories that we tell ourselves.
2. Watch out for the triggers that kick start the old habits.
3. Make Success easy. Look out for ways that you may be self sabotaging your success.
4. Set your goals
5. Create a reward system
6. Timing. Make sure the time you are changing habits is suitable. e.g. giving up alcohol at Christmas could be tricky!
7. Find yourself an accountability partner
8. Work on your discipline.
Watch the video for more on the above points and for a 7 step plan to change your habits to ensure the old ones are not holding you back. It’s time to be the business owner and person that you WANT to be.
Find more from me on YouTube here