This morning i listened to a webinar by Samantha English detailing the upcoming Facebook changes and how small business can best respond to ensure continued success in 2018.
It was an interesting listen so i thought i’d share some of the key take-aways from the session.
- Page owners and admins could be asked to confirm their identity.
- Mark Zuckerberg has confirmed that organic reach will be reduced for posts from businesses.
- To attract organic reach Facebook wants to see content focusing on meaningful interactions.
HOW TO HAVE MEANINGFUL INTERACTIONS
- Use reactions/emotions rather than likes
- Comment and share
- Engage with shared posts (those shared into groups)
- Always reply to comments you receive on your posts
- Share links/posts directly to a specific person via Messenger
FACEBOOK WILL REWARD YOU IF:
- You spend time on your page creating content. Facebook thinks you are creating engaging useful content if it takes you a while to prepare it.
- Use your insights and post at the right times when most of your followers are active.
- Have a complete page profile
FACEBOOK WILL PENALISE YOU IF:
- You have too many overtly promotional posts
- You use giveaway posts to attracts likes and shares.
- If you are using outbound links and pushing people away from Facebook.
- If you get lots of negative feedback
- Use new functionalities such as:
- Beneath where you put your post you get the choice to add it to your Stories or to Instagram and you can target who sees your post in their news feed. (This may not be available to everyone yet).
- Facebook Live and Facebook Stories.
- Choose different placement options such as Messenger
- Take advantage of the full screen experience where your products/service could fill the whole screen on mobile.
- Templates – play around with the different templates to see if one works best for your business.
- Schedule – only use the Facebook scheduler and not any 3rd party sites such as Hootsuite.
- Post video directly to Facebook and not shared via YouTube.
- Create content that encourages interaction.
- Use outbound links
- Boost posts
Hopefully this has helped you with using Facebook.
Get in touch if you have any questions.